Who we are
Pelesys Learning Systems is a training solutions provider to airlines and airline training organizations since 1997. We cultivate an innovative, team based culture at Pelesys and are looking for fun, enthusiastic people to join our friendly office environment.
Summary of the position
This full-time Systems Network Administrator role supports the creation of online training courseware through server and application systems support. This position reports directly to the Director of Technical Services.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain computer network and server hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot network server system problems in both physical or virtual environment.
- Assist with router, switches and firewall configuration and administration.
- Maintain Active Directory and Server Security infrastructure, regulate user access to sensitive files to protect against security breaches.
- Monitor and optimize network performance including hardware and server software. Ensure network/server security, availability and performance standards.
- Perform daily data backup and implement recovery procedures for mission-critical network servers and business data.
- Support employees with Windows/Mac notebooks and desktops.
- Add and maintain documentation for network/server solutions.
- Other related duties as required.
What you’ll bring
- Degree or diploma in System & Network Administration or related programs.
- Experience in the installation, configuration and maintenance of LAN/WAN/WIFI network including routing & switching, VPN, and security firewalls.
- Experience in the administration of MS Window Server, SharePoint, Email, and VMware.
- Good understanding of IP networking protocols such as DNS, DHCP, TCP, UDP and ICMP.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work independently.
- Enthusiastic team player who’s customer centric.
- Network Certificate such as CompTIA’s Network, Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MCTS would be an asset.
Why we’re awesome
- Flexible work hours
- Friendly and collaborative work environment
- Monthly fun and interactive team events
- Opportunities for professional learning, growth, and career advancement
- Pet-friendly office
If you are interested in this position, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all applications, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you.