Who we are
Pelesys Aviation Maintenance Training Inc. is member of the Pelesys group of companies. Our foundation is rooted in aviation maintenance and combined with Pelesys’ world class Training Management Systems, we are able to provide “best in class” maintenance training in a variety of delivery methods.
Summary of the Position
Pelesys Aviation Maintenance Training has a contractual obligation to provide all types of technical/non-technical training to its’ customers. We are looking for a Training Team Lead to join our growing team. This position is based in Mississauga, Ontario.
If you are an energetic, flexible, analytical person with excellent people skills, who is passionate about training in the aviation industry, we’d like to hear from you!
Working with a team of seasoned aviation professionals, you will be responsible to coordinate the efforts of the operational training team with one of our largest clients. You will coordinate inter-disciplinary activities around aircraft maintenance training, in all aspects of adult learning from needs assessments through to delivery. Our products apply a wide aspect of learning principals from classic lecture-based training through more skill-oriented hands-on and critical thinking, and more advanced technology assisted learning. You will act as the primary contact for our customers assisting in verifying needs to assuring return on investment.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as primary point of contact for all training needs
- Conduct needs assessments, finalize project details and deliverables
- Assess project scope and budget requirements
- Plan and develop training calendar and the resources required
- Manage training equipment logistics (gather computers, upload software, etc.,)
- Conduct foreign course assessments and determine Canadian equivalency requirements
- Facilitate team meetings and workshops
- Provide update reports on each project on a regular basis
- Lead a training team of instructors and administrative coordinators
- Conduct quality audits as required
- Perform other related duties as required
What you’ll bring
- Experience working in education/training/commercial aviation industry
- Aviation Maintenance Engineer (AME)
- Sound knowledge of Adult Learning principals
- Adaptable and approachable with excellent people skills
- Excellent communication and analytical skills to listen to and interpret customers’ training needs
- Ability to coordinate and apply logistics around training events
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word and Excel. MS Project and Adobe Acrobat would be an asset (training will be provided)
- Able to travel 25% to 30% (domestic and international)
If you are interested in this position, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all applications, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you.